Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Laundry Day


I decided to do some laundry today. I’ve only been here for a week and a half, but my jeans are worn in, my favorite socks are running low and we don’t have class until 4.

So I asked my roommate if she wanted me to throw some staple items in for her. Well, it turns out our washing machine is just big enough to fit my own jeans. I literally could not fit all my laundry in the machine and I’ve only been here for a week. That’s how small it is.

So I fit about three articles of clothing in there and we tried to start it. Of course the dang machine is in Italian. Are you kidding me?! I’ve finally gotten used to reading/writing/speaking in French and now you’re going to change the language on me again?! Curse you Nice for being so close to Italy.

So we put a little Tide detergent pack into the washer and sat there staring at it for a good 5 minutes after we started it. The packet made its way to the front of the washer and now I think my clothes are just spinning in this tiny machine in plain water that will probably make our utility bill go up 50 euro.

I have to wait an hour to see how the clothes turn out, so we’ll see, but its not looking so good. We’re now sitting in our kitchen listening to our mini washer make creepy little noises in the other room. Wish me luck.

A

P.S. And I don’t have a dryer.

(Aidez-moi!!! Une tâche simple a devenu un projet difficile. Avec un peu de chance, bientôt je serai mieux à vivre à Nice.)


No comments:

Post a Comment